Sonali 100w 12 Volt Off Grid Panel
The Sonali 36 cell 12v solar panel has two major advantages over the normal 60 cell grid-tie panels.
First off they can charge a 12V battery without any kind of boosting since their native voltage will match what is needed for 12V charging. If you put two of them in series then you can use them for 24V systems. The voltage profile of a 60 cell panel just doesn’t lend itself to battery charging without expensive MPPT charge controllers. If you want to build an inexpensive off-grid system, this is the one.
The second great feature of this panel is that we can actually ship it through normal couriers which we just can’t do with a 60 or 72 cell panel.
- Maximum Power at STC(Pmax): 103Wp
- Maximum Power Voltage(Vmp): 18.65V
- Maximum Power Current(Imp): 5.55A
- Open-circuit Voltage (Voc): 22.5V
- Short-circuit Current (Isc): 5.82A
- Dimensions: 1190 x 675 x 35mm (44.2 x 26.60 x 1.38 inch)
- Weight : 21.38 lbs (9.7 kg)
The junction box comes with two MC4 wires connected but there is also a 3rd terminal that could be used if you wanted to use this panel as two separate 16 cell panels. This is unique in that you would be able to charge 6V batteries at twice the current.